Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Engine puzzle solved

With the bit of trouble we had with the engine, when it started to clatter terribly when running, we were concerned. Having now spent several days trying to figure out if we need to rebuild our engine (or would need to get a whole new one) the local expert says our problem is just air in the fuel line, and that it is likely to do a bit of that for a while.

I am very relieved.

I must say that the noise this machine was making was not a noise I liked hearing. It sounded for all the world like something had broken loose inside the poor thing and it was working on tearing itself apart. Oil pressure and engine temp both show good, and unless something else comes up we should be good to go.

2 Comments:

At 10:55 PM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from 49" 52'N, 133"24'W.

Just catching up on your news. I returned from Nanaimo city, on Vancouver Island, yesterday (Monday) from my first dragon boat festival. (I think I told you I am an associate-paddler - supporter for our local breast cancer survivors team... we "supporters" are persons the women have trained to paddle with them when they need to fill seats in their boat.) What an experience! I'll give you details when you get back to Littleton.

Sounds like the sea-gods have been taking care of you... giving you easier challenges and lots more knowledge about a whole raft of stuff in closer waters before you head for the open ocean. I am thankful and relieved to hear this.

As for me... the garden is in its mid-summer pattern (Greg watering the winter veggie seedlings while I am paddling the dragon boat) with cukes, tomatoes, squashes and corn coming along with the dahlias, crocosmia and dianthus.

Our seabird has visited a time or two.. have you noticed? I'll try to remember to hitch a ride again tonight.

I am planning to buy my own paddle for the Victoria dragon boat festival which will happen mid-August... perhaps paint it.

When will you be coming home to the Colorado mountains, Ulysses? Until next time, Walk in Beauty.

 
At 2:02 AM GMT, Blogger Debby said...

So happy to hear from you again! Sounds like you had a wonderful 4th, with all kinds of interestering people and sights. Very good!

We had a soggy one here. Chan and I were up at Red Rocks for the Blues Traveller concert and got thoroughly soaked through in a one hour rain delay!

I am in Princeton this week. Missing home, husband and cats. Wish you could rent a kitty with the hotel room. That would be lovely!

See you Wednesday next week. I'm out at a team retreat Saturday through Tuesday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home