Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Last Day Here

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go.
I'm standing here, Outside your door.
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye.
The dawn in breakin' It's early morn.
The taxi's waitin', he's blowin' his horn.
Already I'm so lonesome I could cry.
Peter, Paul & Mary

In the morning we take a bus to Portland where we'll get a motel room and stay the night. Then EARLY Wednesday we'll take another bus the rest of the way to Boston South Station and catch the AMTRAK train west. We've found that cab fares in Boston are outrageous and the motels are through the roof. In Portland, they're reasonable. What can I say? We're cheap.

We should pull into Denver on Friday and Kathy will be going back to work on Monday next, a cause for celebration on the part of the folks who have been filling in for her I understand.

Kathy promises to spend part of the time on the train writing about our experiences on the American Eagle which will get posted as soon as we get back and the cat lets us do anything but hold him. Our cat sitters report that he threatens them if they try to leave without letting him sit on them for a while. We hope he'll forgive us eventually.

So for all of you who have been following our misadventures, we hope you have enjoyed it. and we'll try to find time to expand/improve our account of things in the weeks to come.

Bye for now.
Dave

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home